Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Health Scare, The Rising Cost of Health Insurance

In recent years, health insurance costs have been rising expeditiously. Who's paying for the cost? Well, you and I. That extra cost out of our pockets, and our livelihood represents some people choosing whether or not to go to the doctor. That represents a lot more undetected illnesses because we can't afford to go to the doctor. That represents untimely deaths due to not being diagnosed early to save our lives. Why should we be put in a position to choose to live or not to live?

As the attached article "National Insurers" talk about the competition between insurance companies to provide medical insurance to Michigan families, have they mentioned what it would cost families who do not have health insurance provided by their employers? I can remember back in 1995, I worked at a novelty company that provided Blue Cross Blue Shield. I believe I paid per biweekly pay period, about $35.00, and my co-pay was $125.00. I shiver when I think how much it would have cost if I had children to add to my policy.

Even now, I have a family member who is paying for her policy because she doesn't have health insurance through a job, and she's retired. She is currently paying $500.00 a month, and that doesn't include her co-pay. That also doesn't include whether she has dental insurance.

So there's a lot to consider with the cost of living and trying to shop for medical insurance such as:

  • What choices do we have when picking a provider?
  • What will happen if we were to lose a job when it comes to taking over the payment for our insurance?
  • Should we choose medical care through an insurance company or investigate discount medical and dental companies?
  • Is it cheaper to go through a discount medical and dental when I have a family to cover?

What do you think about choosing whether to eat or buy your prescription?

No comments:

My City

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Guest Book

Follow Heartfelt Xpressions on Twitter

Follow SCI Virtual Executive Assistant on Facebook

Search This Blog