Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Living in the D

Living is the D is all about lifestyle, dedication, and the history we have in Detroit. We are a community of different shades, and economic backgrounds, but we have forgotten who we are as a community. We have forgotten about our heritage, and our richness. I'm striving to gain those positives back, and continue to grow, and learn from each other through our triumphs, and our mistakes. We have been through too much to not remember, and to give thanks for people who have fought to keep our city alive.


I was born and raised in Detroit, and I'm proud of that. I have met a lot of people and have experienced a lot in my life. I've been here during the ups and downs, but I've never lost the hope that this city wouldn't ever be revitalized. Now I'm fighting to save the place I have called home all of my life. It's time for the citizen to stop talking and start doing. I would like to know, who's with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Sonia, to the world of blogging. Also being from the "D" I share a lot of your sentiment. I loved the "D" but, sometimes the games that goes on this town makes me wonder if their is enough people who feel the love for this town. I think it's time for those who do to stand up and be counted. This blog would be an excellent place to begin. To anyone reading or "passing thru" this blog, I ask that you share your ideas, dream , passion or frustration regarding "living in the D". Use this blog as an opportunity to convey what you couldn't do in person. Lets find solutions and resolutions to making living in the "D" the place we all know would and can be. Your ask "who with me"? I for one proudly raise my hand and hope I"m not the last to do so.

My City

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Guest Book

Follow Heartfelt Xpressions on Twitter

Follow SCI Virtual Executive Assistant on Facebook

Search This Blog